From the office of the CEO
As we gain additional information by continuing to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and governmental recommendations we have further modified our Coronavirus guidelines. Everyone’s health and safety remains our top priority in all of our actions and policies.
We have been closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19, and I want to assure you that Softworld is prepared for a wide range of possible scenarios – with your health and safety as a top priority
Effective today, we are updating these proactive measures to protect our team:
- Prohibiting all international business travel
- Requiring employees and contractors who choose to travel internationally for personal reasons to report this to their manager and remain home for 14 calendar days before returning to the ODC.
- Requiring employees and contractors who are experiencing flu like symptoms to stay home until you are symptom and fever free for at least 24 hours.
- Strictly follow USAA guidance on intraoffice visits between ODC staff and USAA staff. Policy regarding visitors to each location will be updated on a continuous basis.
- Prohibiting all employee participation in external conferences and training regardless of location
- In-person client meetings at either USAA locations or ODC facilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Factors to be considered will include number of attendees, attendees’ travel during the previous 14 days, location, travel origination of attendees, and more
- Do not host any visitors in the ODC offices who have been to any of the countries below in the last 14 days and instead do the meeting via video conference
- Mainland China
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
- Prohibiting internal (intra-office) travel. Use of video conferencing in lieu of intra-office travel.
- Recommending against personal international travel. Anyone who chooses to travel internationally must:
- Notify their manager, Softworld contact, and David Settlage of your complete itinerary prior to travel
- Self-quarantine and work from home for 14 days upon returning home
- Requesting personal domestic travel itineraries be provided to your manager, Softworld contact, and David Settlage
- Softworld will immediately contact the CDC and will conduct itself in accordance with CDC protocol if it becomes aware of an employee’s positive COVID-19 test result. https://wwwn.cdc.gov/DCS/, (800) 232-4636
Any exceptions to this guidance will be reviewed and approved by Softworld management. These policies shall remain in effect until further notice.
Should the situation worsen, we will take additional steps as deemed necessary. Teams leading our planning and execution will continue monitoring the situation and provide further precautions, consistent with ongoing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
Public health events change rapidly and are hard to predict, but I am confident we have the right team working to provide a safe and healthy workplace for us all. When conditions improve, the above policies will be modified or eliminated as appropriate.
Chairman and CEO